Become An Athlete
Whether you wish to become a Special Olympics athlete or a Unified Partner, we take steps to ensure that you and your fellow athletes and volunteers have the best experience possible. The information and forms found on this page will help you know what is expected of Special Olympics athletes and Unified Partners and what forms are required prior to participation.
Persons with intellectual disabilities registering for Special Olympics must submit the following forms. Once you have downloaded and completed the necessary forms, send them directly to your local program’s County Director and they will help you begin your journey in Special Olympics!
- Application of Participation (Medical) Form
- Official Special Olympics Athlete Consent Form
- Atlanto-Axial Instability Status Form (For Athletes w/Down Syndrome if necessary)
- Special Release for Athletes w/ Atlanto-Axial Instability (if necessary)
- Special Provisions Regarding Medical Treatment (if necessary)
- Athlete Code of Conduct
- Family Code of Conduct
- Healthy Athletes Consent Form
- Protective Behaviors Training (mandatory for athletes in the Athlete Leadership Program. All other athletes are encouraged to review this training with their families, caregivers, or county program)