VOLUNTEERS ARE VITAL!
Volunteers are the backbone of the Special Olympics movement. They enable Special Olympics to offer sports training and competition on a worldwide basis. Special Olympics would not exist today without the time, energy, dedication and commitment of our Special Olympics volunteers. In Palm Beach County, we have a multitude of registered year-round and day-of volunteers and countless other volunteers who work at various levels in Special Olympics.
Our volunteer base includes students, school groups, church groups, law enforcement officials, military personnel, senior citizens, business groups, professional individuals, civic organizations, families, amateur and professional athletes and coaches, teachers, as well as Special Olympics athletes. They come from all walks of life, all age groups and all income levels, but they share the commitment to providing our athletes with the opportunity to grow and showcase their skills.
Our volunteers fill a wide variety of roles for our Special Olympics program. Commitment of time for volunteers can range from a one-day event to hours each week of responsibilities as a games volunteer, management team member, fundraiser or coach.
Please see below for our upcoming volunteer opportunities!
(Click on the event to signup)
- November 18th – County Basketball Tournament (5on5), CMAA Therapeutic Rec. Center
- November 18th – County Basketball Tournament (3on3 & ISC), John I. Leonard High School
- March 3rd – County Summer Games, John I Leonard High School
- March 31st – Area 10 Summer Games, John I Leonard High School
- June 16th – County Golf Championship, Okeeheelee Golf Course
- July 14th – County Swimming Championship, Aqua Crest Pool
- July 21st- Area 10 Golf Championship, Okeeheelee Golf Course
- August 11th – Palm Beach Softball Invitational, Spanish River Park
“I promise to give the time in my life so that Special Olympics athletes can have the time of their lives. I promise to support Special Olympics not just as an expression of charity, but as a form of respect for my fellow human beings. I promise to spread the word of volunteerism because, in giving, I receive so much more in return.”
For more information about volunteering, contact Dan Fawcett, Games Dir./Volunteer Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone (561) 966-7017 Fax: (561) 966-7027
Created by the Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Foundation for the Benefit of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities.