Each season lasts approximately 3-4 months with at least 8 weeks of training and three levels of competition: County, Area, and State Games.
- Step 1: Review the list below and note the time of year each sport is played.
- Step 2: Register below for the sports that we are currently accepting registrations by clicking Register Now!
- Step 3: Make sure to complete all forms in the Become an Athlete section of our website, then mail them to P.O. Box 358971, Gainesville, FL 32635 or email to DaveyKing@specialolympicsalachua.org
- Step 4: Attend practice and have fun!
- Aquatics/Swimming (June-October)
- Athletics (January-May)
- Basketball (October-January)
- Bocce (January-May)
- Bowling (August-December)
- Equestrian (December-March)
- Flag Football (July-November)
- Golf (May-September)
- Gymnastics (July-November)
- Powerlifting (July-November)
- Tennis (January-May)
For sports rules, rules updates, coaching guides and more, visit Special Olympics, Inc. (SOI).