Special Olympics Florida relies on the time and dedication of thousands of volunteers each year. Thank you for making a difference for the athletes we serve! Whether you are a group or an individual, there is an opportunity available to volunteer.
Volunteer Positions for Events Class B form required- Please contact for confirmation MUST register prior to event. No day of volunteers.
Area 3 Summer Games, Sat. March 28, 2020 9-4pm @ Godby HS
SUP volunteers for Sunday’s April-Aug 12-2pm
Certified Lifeguard volunteer needed Sunday’s April-Aug 12-2pm
Volunteer Positions (weekly basis) Class A form required
Fundraising Committee members needed
Mentors for Athlete leaders needed
Contact Bridget @ 850-597-9265 or email@example.com for more information
How to Get Involved
To get started volunteering for Special Olympics Florida just follow these simple steps:
- Click on any of the links above to sign up and register for opportunities that interest you.
- Please read the Special Olympics Inc. Volunteer Screening Policy which was developed to safeguard our athletes and our volunteers.
- Fill out the appropriate volunteer form.
- All Class A volunteers 18 years of age and older must complete General Orientation & Protective Behaviors Training
There are two classifications for volunteers:
- Class A: Individuals with 1-on-1 unsupervised contact with athletes, coaches, chaperones, speech coaches, mentors, individuals who have fundraising responsibilities, and individuals authorized to speak on behalf of the organization. Class A Volunteer Registration Process A criminal background check and Protective Behaviors Training are part of the registration process for all Class A volunteers.
- Class B: Individuals who are day-of-event volunteers with no athlete supervisory responsibilities. Class B Volunteers typically pre-register for a particular event, and then fill out the Class B form upon arrival at the venue to volunteer. Please be prepared to show a photo ID when registering.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome, however, general volunteers must be at least 15 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult. Assistant coaches and sports volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and head coaches must be at least 18 years of age.