Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Internship Program
The Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Internship Program is structured to provide students with a meaningful, hands-on experience that offers the opportunity to develop job skills and have a positive impact in the community.
Special Olympics Miami-Dade Interns are expected to commit to working a minimum of four hours per week for a full semester (or summer session). Interns may choose to extend the internship beyond one semester. A specific work schedule is determined by the Intern and Volunteer Manager upon placement in an internship position.
Interns primarily work out of the Special Olympics Miami-Dade office in downtown Miami, however there are also off-site events that take place at various locations around Miami-Dade County. In addition, Interns may have the opportunity to travel to statewide events outside of the county.
Application and Selection Process
Any prospective intern should submit a resume and cover letter to the Volunteer Manager and indicate the internship position(s) in which he/she is interested. A prospective intern who is invited to interview will interview with the Volunteer Manager and the director of the department in which he/she is seeking to intern. If accepted, the Intern will be required to complete volunteer paperwork, attend an orientation session, and receive training prior to the commencement of the internship. Volunteer Manager: Nicole Koretsky, email@example.com, (305) 406-9467.
Below is a list of all the internships offered by Special Olympics Miami-Dade County. Please click on the specific internship for a full position description.
- Special Olympics Games Delegation Administration Internship Description: Work with the Games and Delegation Manager to ensure that all sports training and competition administrative requirements and preparations are completed.
- Sports Marketing Internship: Work with the Volunteer and Sports Manager to assist with the planning and execution of sports competition events, including our opening ceremonies and awards.
- Sports Management Internship Work with the Manager of Sports Training and Competition to plan and execute sports training and competition opportunities for Special Olympics athletes, and to implement the coaches education program.
- Resource Development & Event Planning Internship: Work with the Vice President of Resource Development and Development Chairperson to support the fiscal sustainability of Special Olympics Miami-Dade County.
- Special Olympics Public Relations Internship Description: Work with the County Director and PR Chairperson to promote Special Olympics via social media, newsletters, community publications, and community partnerships.
- Special Olympics Community Outreach Internship Description: Work with the Athlete Recruitment Manager to develop increased community based opportunities for Special Olympics Athletes and recruit new Athletes.
- Special Olympics Project UNIFY Internship Description Work with the County Director and Volunteer Manager to implement Unified Champion Schools, an education and sports based strategy powered by the youth community in Miami-Dade County.