2019 Stand Up Paddle Invitational
SAVE THE DATES! Oct. 11-13, 2019
Inclusive paddle event for Special Olympics athletes and Stand Up Paddlers nationwide! Family fun for the weekend in beautiful Key West — everyone is invited!
Races Hosted by Lazy Dog
All activities will take place at Smathers Beach and business locations in Key West.
Friday October 11, 2019, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Athletes Reception- The Salty Angler, 1114 Duval Street, Key West- Taco Bar (included in the Registration Fees), Pick up your race packets, event shirts, purchase your raffle tickets and visit with the guests of honor- our Special Olympics paddlers.
- Atheltes Raffle– each Special Olympic paddler will get a complimentary raffle ticket for some awesome items!
- Complementary Conch Tour Train Ride- Details to Be Announced
- Registered Special Olympics Athletes are free
Saturday October 12 , 2019 – 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Opening Ceremonies Parade on Duval Street, starting at La Te Da, ending at Southernmost Beach at the end of Duval Street- Walk with our athletes as they proudly parade the official Torch- the “Flame of Hope” down Duval Street. Tutu attire suggested!
- Preferred Properties Reception and Dance at Southernmost Beach– (appetizers included in Registration Fees) dance with our Special Olympics athletes, pick up your race packets and purchase your raffle tickets!
- Purchase raffle tickets throughout the evening!
- Registered Special Olympics Athletes receive free snacks and beverages
- Special Olympics Coaches Meeting
Sunday October 13, 2019- 8 am- 2 pm
- Race Day, Smathers Beach, Key West- Special Olympics Races, Open Race with Beach Obstacle Course, Unified Relays and as much fun as we can pack into the day!
- Open Race/Unified Relay Race registration sponsors one Special Olympics paddler, includes a free event shirt and lunch. All Level 1 and 2 Special Olympics paddlers will be included, with options to join a Unified Relay Team. Teams will consist of 2 athletes and 1 partner. Teams can be formed at check in.
- Registered Special Olympics Athletes are free!
- Raffles and Auction items will be announced at end of all races,
- Keep updated on our Facebook Page or join our Facebook Event
Looking for a Hotel?
The following have room blocks with reduced prices for our event.
- Best Western Key Ambassador (our event hotel). Call hotel directly and ask for Special Olympics rate.
Looking for a Vacation Rental?
This is a fantastic way to enjoy Key West for the weekend!
- Preferred Properties Key West – The sponsor of our Opening Ceremonies Reception has some great deals on home rentals for groups! Call 305-294-3040.
- Wendy Zintsmaster & Team – Best of Key West Rentals. Call Regan Butler at 305-292-2244 ext. 104.
General Public Online Registration
- Register to race
- To rent equipment, call Lazy Dog at 305-295-9898, $10 rental, donated back to Special Olympics Florida – Monroe County
- Email for vendor Info, Limited spaces available.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Special Olympics Athlete Online Registration
Fill out this form if you are a Special Olympics athlete wanting to participate in the Monroe County SUP Invitational.
All Level 1 and 2 athletes will be fully included in the Open Race, with options to join a Unified Relay Team. Teams will consist of 2 atheltes, one partner and can be formed at check in.