Stand Up Paddle Invitational
Inclusive paddle event for Special Olympics athletes and Stand Up Paddlers nationwide! Family fun for the weekend in beautiful Key West — everyone is invited!
Races Hosted by Lazy Dog
All activities will take place at Smathers Beach and business locations in Key West.
Friday October 12, 2017, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Athletes Reception- Lucy’s Retired Surfer Restaurant and Bar- Taco Bar (included in the #SUPFun package registration fee), Pick up your race packets, event shirts, purchase your raffle tickets and visit with the guests of honor- our Special Olympics paddlers.
- Atheltes Raffle– each Special Olympic paddler will get a complimentary raffle ticket for some awesome items!
- Complementary Conch Tour Train Ride for Special Olympic paddlers, coaches and families.
Saturday October 13 , 2017 – Times TBD
- Opening Ceremonies Parade on Duval Street, starting at La Te Da, ending at Southernmost Beach at the end of Duval Street- Walk with our athletes as they proudly parade the official Torch- the “Flame of Hope” down Duval Street. Tutu attire suggested!
- Pre Event Reception and Dance at Southernmost Beach- (appetizers included in the #SUPFun package registration fee) dance with our Special Olympics athletes, pick up your race packets and purchase your raffle tickets!
- We will be raffling some items during the evening.
- Special Olympics Coaches Meeting
Sunday October 14, 2017- Times TBD
- Race Day, Smathers Beach, Key West- Special Olympics Races, Open Race with Beach Obstacle Course, Unified Relays and as much fun as we can pack into the day!
- Raffles and Auction items announced
- Keep updated on our Facebook Page or join our Facebook Event
Looking for a Hotel?
The following have room blocks with reduced prices for our event.
- Best Western Key Ambassador (our event hotel). Call directly and ask for Armida Averette.
Looking for a Vacation Rental?
This is a fantastic way to enjoy Key West for the weekend!
- Preferred Properties Key West – The sponsor of our Pre Event Reception has some great deals on home rentals for groups! Call 305-294-3040.
- Wendy Zintsmaster & Team – Best of Key West Rentals. Call Regan Butler at 305-292-2244 ext. 104.
General Public Online Registration
- Register to race
- To rent equipment, call Lazy Dog at 305-295-9898, $10 rental, donated back to Special Olympics Florida – Monroe County
- Email for vendor Info, Limited spaces available.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Special Olympics Athlete Online Registration
Fill out this form if you are a Special Olympics athlete wanting to participate in the Monroe County SUP Invitational.