Volunteers Are Vital!
Volunteers are the backbone of the Special Olympics movement enabling us to offer sports training and competition on a worldwide basis. We would not exist today without the time, energy, dedication and commitment of our volunteers. In Palm Beach County, we have a multitude of registered year-round and day-of volunteers and countless other volunteers who work at various levels.
Our volunteer base includes students, school groups, church groups, law enforcement officials, military personnel, senior citizens, business groups, professional
Individuals, civic organizations, families, amateur and professional athletes and coaches, teachers, as well as Special Olympics athletes. They come from all walks of life, all age groups and all income levels, but they share the commitment to providing our athletes with the opportunity to grow and showcase their skills.
Our volunteers fill a wide variety of roles for our program. Commitment of time for volunteers can range from a one-day event to hours each week of responsibilities as a games volunteer, management team member, fundraiser or coach.
Please see below for our upcoming volunteer opportunities!
(Click on the event to signup)
- July 13 – County Swimming Championship, Aqua Crest Pool
- August 10 – PBC Softball Invitational, Countness de Hoernle Park
- August 24 – County Bowling Championships (Adult Singles), Greenacres Bowl
- September 7 – County Bowling Championships (Schools/Doubles), Greenacres Bowl
- September 28 – Area 10 Softball Tournament,Countness de Hoernle Park
- November 9 – County Basketball Championships (3v3 / ISC), John I Leonard High School
Volunteer Oath: “I promise to give the time in my life so that Special Olympics athletes can have the time of their lives. I promise to support Special Olympics not just as an expression of charity, but as a form of respect for my fellow human beings. I promise to spread the word of volunteerism because, in giving, I receive so much more in return.”
For more information about volunteering, contact Dan Fawcett, Games Dir./Volunteer Coordinator, Phone (561) 966-7017 Fax: (561) 966-7027