Athletes can compete in Special Olympics sports from the age of 8 years old and up. Some sports have a minimum age requirement that is older than 8 years old.
Each season consists of training and three levels of competition: County, Area, and State Games. Each season last approximately 3-4 months.
IF YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED SPECIAL OLYMPICS FLORIDA ATHLETE; YOU MUST PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST – BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A SPORT.
SUMMER SPORTS SEASON (January – May) Athletes can only compete in one sport per season.
FALL SPORTS SEASON (July- November) Athletes can only compete in one sport per season.
- Flag Football
INDIVIDUAL STATE SPORTS SEASONS
- Basketball (October – February)
- Bowling (August – December)
- Equestrian (October-March)
- Golf (April-September)
- Stand Up Paddle (June – August)
- Surfing (June- September)
- Swimming (June-October)
How to get involved:
2. Sign up for a specific sport. Athletes can register online a few weeks before a season begins. Volunteers can register via email and attend scheduled coaches meetings.
3. Await a confirmation email with your sports schedule and start participating. Check the sports page throughout the season for schedule updates, competition details and more.