Athletes can train and compete in Special Olympics sports from the age of 8 years old and up. Some sports have a minimum age requirement that is older than 8 years old.
Each season consists of training and three levels of competition: County, Area, and State Games. Each season last approximately 3-4 months. If you are not a registered athlete, you must contact us first, before signing up for a sport.
SUMMER SPORTS SEASON (January – May) Athletes can only compete in one sport per season.
FALL SPORTS SEASON (July- November) Athletes can only compete in one sport per season.
- Flag Football
INDIVIDUAL STATE SPORTS SEASONS
- Basketball (October – February)
- Bowling (August – December)
- Equestrian (October-March)
- Golf (April-September)
- Stand Up Paddle (June – August)
- Surfing (June- September)
- Swimming (June-October)
How to get involved:
- Become a registered athlete (paperwork is good for 3 years) before signing up for a sport. Submit to Seminole County.
- Sign up for a specific sport. Athletes can register online a few weeks before a season begins. Volunteers can register via email and attend scheduled coaches meetings.
- Await a confirmation email with your sports schedule and start participating. Check the sports page throughout the season for schedule updates, competition details and more.