This is the week that we’ve been waiting for – the start of the Special Olympics 2014 USA Games in New Jersey! With 3,500 athletes from around North America set to compete in 14 different sports, we have lots of ways that everyone can cheer for Team Florida’s 180 incredibly talented athletes, coaches and Unified Partners.
- Mobile App: The App is now available for download from the event website, or by opening this link in your mobile browser, as well as searching for Special Olympics in the Apple App Store or Google Play on your device.
- Websites: USA Games & Special Olympics Florida: Competition schedules and results will also be posted to the Games’ website daily – this will be the best way for those following the Games to get the next day’s competitions schedules (posted in the evening) and that day’s results. For example, the Opening Ceremony was streamed live and is still available online. We also have quick links to info about Team Florida on our website.
- Online Photo Galleries: Final Leg photos of the Law Enforcement Torch Run can be found in the online photo gallery, and more are being added daily! The 2014 USA Games will store all photos on Flickr that can be accessed anytime via the USA Games website (the USA Games will do its best to identify as many photos as is possible).
- Television: Thanks to Games Founding Partner 21st Century Fox, Philly and NYC FOX affiliates will be doing daily coverage from the Games. As such, they are going to internally share those packages with their fellow owned and operated stations across the country automatically so you may see coverage of the Games as pre-produced packages in your local markets. FOX 35 in Orlando and FOX 13 in Tampa have already established webpages dedicated to coverage of the USA Games. A nationally televised USA Games one-hour recap TV show will air on FSN1, thanks to USA Games Founding Partners 21st Century Fox and WWE. This is a first for USA Games! The show will air on June 30 at 7PM ET – so mark your calendars.
- Social Media: Remember to ‘Like’ and follow all social pages for Special Olympics Florida and USA Games so that daily photos and updates are included in your news feed. You can also use the hashtag #2014USAGames to find all the related stories.
Official USA Games Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpecialOlympicsUSAGames
Official USA Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/2014USAGAMES
Official USA Games Instagram: http://instagram.com/2014SpecialOlympicsUSAGames
Special Olympics Florida Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/specialolympicsflorida
Special Olympics Florida Twitter: https://twitter.com/SOFLINFO
Special Olympics Florida Instagram: http://instagram.com/SpecialOlympicsFL
Thanks to the support of fans, sponsors and partners, all of Team Florida has worked tirelessly to make their dreams of attending the games come true.