Healthcare Provider Directory for Athlete Follow-Up Care
During a Special Olympics Healthy Athletes® screening or exam, our volunteer healthcare providers often suggest that the athlete see a doctor, dentist, podiatrist (foot doctor), audiologist (hearing specialist), or ophthalmologist (eye doctor), for reasons outlined on the Report Card that is given to the athlete at the exam.
To assist you with finding a health provider that lives near you, we have created a Resource Directory for each of the 6 disciplines. If you have trouble locating one of these health providers or someone from your community, please feel free to contact us or your county director, as they also may know a medical provider in your community.
|Fit Feet||View List||Agency Health Care Association Medicaid Providers
|Health Promotion||View List||Florida’s Health Departments|
|Healthy Hearing||View List||American Academy of Audiology Provider List|
|Opening Eyes®||View List|
|Special Smiles®||View List||Insure Kids Now|
|Strong Minds||View List|
If you are a healthcare provider and would like to be added to our resource directory, please fill out this online form.
Official message from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Get the Facts About Children’s Health Insurance
Make sure kids aren’t sidelined this season because they don’t have health insurance. Florida KidCare* is a free or low-cost health insurance program that can get your team covered and get them in the game.
Did you know that…
- Florida KidCare is available for kids 18 years old or younger.
- A family of four with an income up to $44,000 a year can get their kids covered.
- Kids can get doctor and dentist visits, vision and hearing care, hospital care, mental health services, regular check-ups and shots, and needed treatment, including prescription drugs.
- Even if families have been turned down in the past, they may be able to get their children health coverage now.
- Kids are covered on and off the field and can stay protected even after the sports season is over.
Call 888-540-KIDS or visit FloridaKidCare.org
Dowload/view Florida KidCare flyer
* Get Covered is a program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Florida KidCare is a program of the state of Florida. These programs are not administered by Special Olympics Florida.