By working to remove obstacles, change attitudes and open minds, Special Olympics provides opportunities for its athletes to demonstrate courage, experience joy and share their gifts, skills and friendship with the world.
It takes all of us — athletes, volunteers, families, sponsors, coaches, the general public — who are willing to open our minds and hearts and accept people with intellectual disabilities, to make up our Special Olympics Florida “community.”
- Tampa Bay Lightning to host Special Olympics Florida at the Forum
- Tommie Copper helps Special Olympics and Special Olympics Team USA go “from copper to gold”
- Finish Line supports Special Olympics this holiday season
- 2013 State Fall Classic: Over 1,200 athletes to compete
- Homecoming king and queen with Down syndrome are Lee County trailblazers
- Students with Down syndrome crowned homecoming queen, king at West Orange High