Fit 5 is a fitness resource to be used by coaches, teachers, athletes and Unified partners. Through engaging in this easy-to-use, step-by-step program, all are educated on how to lead a healthy lifestyle through physical activity, nutrition, and hydration. Fit 5 is based on the three simple goals of exercising 5 days per week, eating 5 total fruits and vegetables per day, and drinking 5 bottles of water per day. The Fit 5 plan can improve an athlete’s health, fitness, and sports performance.
Implementing Fit 5 is easy:
- No increased time commitment from coaches
- All materials/handouts provided to the coach
- Coach should use warm-up/cool-down times to implement Fit 5 topics
- Coach can utilize an athlete on the team to help present the topics
How to begin:
- Coach will fill out kit request form (below)
- Special Olympics Florida will send Fit 5 Kit and follow-up during duration of program
- At the end of training, coach or teacher will send in athlete roster form to email@example.com
Upon completion of Fit 5 and Special Olympics Florida’s receipt of athlete roster form, coach will receive re-certification credits for 3 years per sport where Fit 5 was implemented and completed.